You really have to try these amazing caramelised pineapple pancakes (100% vegan). Mint and caramelised pineapple are an amazing combo! These pancakes are perfect for celebrating those summer Saturdays.
The recipe below is enough to make about 8-10 small pancakes (if you skip breakfast, this is an amazing brunch for two 😉). Let us know what you think in the comments! 👇🏼👇🏼
- 250g whole wheat flour
- 350ml non-dairy milk (we use soy)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tbsp apple vinegar
- 1 tbsp brown caster sugar
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1.5 tsp baking soda (or baking powder)
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 medium fresh pineapple
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp brown caster sugar
- Shredded coconut
- Non-dairy coconut yoghurt
- Fresh mint (not only for decoration!)
- Start by creating vegan buttermilk: add the apple vinegar to the non-dairy milk and let it rest for a couple of minutes (5 to 10 minutes will be enough to thicken it).
- Cut the pineapple into small pieces, add them to a frying pan, add the water and the caster sugar, and occasionally stir until the pineapple pieces are nicely caramelised.
- Meanwhile, mash the banana and add it to a large mixing bowl with the other dry ingredients.
- Add the vegan buttermilk to the bowl and whisk the mixture until blended.
- Pour the batter into a heated frying pan and cook for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Stack, decorate and enjoy!